About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: DEATH MESSAGE  (Read 49998 times)
ravenscross
Hardened Forum Fiend

Read my tweets... on twitter

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2007 »

Don't know which Borders you're looking in JesseLee, but I just signed about fifty in Borders Milton Keynes!! Why not just call them and order one?

Mark

Mark darling, Jesse is an American like me, ordering from Borders Milton Keynes might be a little expensive for her. 

Not quite as expensive as those of us who bought it at the Crime Festival, those rooms were very pricey.

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2007 »

Oh...OK. Well Death Message won't be around much in the States, (and Harper Collins won't be publishing it there until 2009) so I guess Amazon is your best bet.

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

norby
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2007 »

Yikes, why such a long lag time?  It's not normally that long is it?

A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo.

-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2007 »

Yikes, why such a long lag time?  It's not normally that long is it?
Because Harper Collins want to publish IN THE DARK simultaneously with the UK (which I think is a great idea). It will however mean that they've skipped DEATH MESSAGE, so I guess that will be published in the US the following year. Swings and roundabouts...

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

JesseLee06
New Blood

*insert witty comment here*

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2007 »

Don't know which Borders you're looking in JesseLee, but I just signed about fifty in Borders Milton Keynes!! Why not just call them and order one?

Mark

Mark darling, Jesse is an American like me, ordering from Borders Milton Keynes might be a little expensive for her. 

Never even heard of Borders Milton Keynes, unless Borders is just a short name for them bookstores and I'm just out of the loop XD

But yes, looks like Amazon is my best bet so far...*browses* X3

"Every time I celebrate National Meth Day, it turns into National Meth Month" - John Stewart

gerryod5
Serial Poster

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2007 »

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy (in Hamburg) and started it last night.  Wonder what type of phone he bought....

ravenscross
Hardened Forum Fiend

Read my tweets... on twitter

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2007 »

I'd say a Nokia by the cover!

norby
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2007 »

And wasn't the contest for a free Nokia as well?

A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo.

-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2007 »

Please Debs, that`s a nasty taste I`ve only just got out of my mouth Roll Eyes

Hope you are well by the way. We haven`t forgotten that you must still be needing strength. We send that to you.

gerryod5
Serial Poster

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007 »

I'd say a Nokia by the cover!

Hahahaha....that's why I'd never have made it as a policeman, observance is not one of my strong points.....

Finished the book and loved it, now I've no more books to read.  Back to the UK in a couple of weeks, so will leave plenty of room in my case to stock up for the return journey.

millhouse
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2008 »

Who won the phone?

Si vis pacem para bellum

pharoahegypt
Repeat Offender

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2008 »

I'm new to this forum so treat me gently please..lol.. Reading books in odd order but loving and living them all the same. Have mailed mark a couple of times and cant wait to get my hands on the other books in the Thorne series. So far I've read (in this order) Lifeless, Death Message, The Burning Girl. Also read Stuart MacBride's 'Dying Light' just because Mark made a comment on its cover. Loved everything I've read from Mark and as I say can't wait to trail through bookshops looking for the others I haven't read so far.

j.d.

a thorne is a rose by any other name............?

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2008 »

Welcome aboard, Pharoahegypt, hope you have fun around here. Everyone is friendly, so you'll soon feel at home, I'm sure. Smiley

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2008 »

Welcome to the funhouse Pharoahegypt (gonna have to get you a nickname! Or abbreviation at least) and I hope you feel you can comfortably post about anything and everything. Pull up a chair and relax with us.

pharoahegypt
Repeat Offender

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2008 »

thanks for the welcome jayne and smudge. maybe if i remember to put 'jd' at the end of all my posts you can call me that? would that be easier?
                       j.d.

j.d.

a thorne is a rose by any other name............?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print

Jump to: