About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 269
Print
Author Topic: TV  (Read 435595 times)
Sammo
Hardened Forum Fiend

I fell from grace and landed on my knees

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006 »

Personally I can't wait for the new season of 24 to start on Sky One next week. It is my favourite TV programme bar none. It also helps that I get to look at Kiefer Sutherland Kiss

Did you see the 24 preview last Sunday night?  It was only ten minutes, but what a ten minutes!  Am literally counting the minutes until it starts again.

Jade
Repeat Offender

There is a light that never goes out

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006 »

Doctor Who, I can't get enough of Russell T Davies' writing and I have a major crush on David Tennant, which may just about crop up in nearly every post  Wink lol

I amsk what I amsk - Popeye

carol
Repeat Offender

There are 2 seasons in Scotland - June and Winter.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006 »

Personally I can't wait for the new season of 24 to start on Sky One next week. It is my favourite TV programme bar none. It also helps that I get to look at Kiefer Sutherland Kiss

Did you see the 24 preview last Sunday night?  It was only ten minutes, but what a ten minutes!  Am literally counting the minutes until it starts again.

I was waiting for ages to see the preview, it was well worth the wait!
It will be great to have 24 back on Sunday nights, and a 2 hour episode to start off with!
Jack's most definitely back.

Wibble!

Roger
Serial Poster

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006 »

Mainly American stuff for me, Csi's - law and order's -without a trace - west wing - cold case -The sopranos - just finished series 3 of 24 this week and most wildlife programmes which is mainly bill oddie, well at least he is British.

Roger

toellandback
New Blood

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006 »

I'm also a huge 24 fan, although I made the mistake of watching series 3 before getting 1 and 2 on DVD. I missed the preview last weekend but already have Sky+ set on series link for the start of day 5.

Supernatural is good, although I felt the pilot was better than the two episodes screened since. This clashes with 24 now so thank whoever for Sky+

Aside from that, Sea of Souls is far-fetched but strangely entertaining and I love Northern Lights as a complete change of genre.

Match of the Day is also worth a watch... Smiley

Whelk
New Blood

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006 »

House is my current favourite,finding Prison Break very enjoyable also,Rescue Me is indeed back this month Sunday nights at 10pm if I remember rightly.Season one is also available to buy on DVD from the end of the month also

When I can think of something witty.........

Roger
Serial Poster

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006 »

My favorite of all time is nypd blue. But why do they leave it so long in-between series. America is so far ahead of us.And why do they never show repeats. And why is only season 1 and 2 out on dvd.
This is bad for a fantastic series.

Roger

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006 »

Shameless is absolutely the only programme I will not miss. Brilliantly written and not a duff performance among them. My favourite - Marty with Tourettes.
Looking forward to new 24 tomorrow, and love Nip and Tuck - darkest programme ever to come out of the US.

I'm a S-k-g....

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006 »

being a sad northerner,Shameless is my fave,if a little too close for comfort.And the lack of a Duff performance (and a McAvoy one)has inexplicably made the 3rd series better than the 2nd.Kev is my good twin and Debbie is my daughter(my daughter has a smaller beak though).I am not FG though.Life on Mars has been good and My name is Earl has made me cry twice.Soz.sharing too much.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006 »

FFS,don`t buy the Daily Mail then.Frankly my dear,you deserve all you get reading that.To paraphrase Shane McGowan,if you wiped your arse with it, it`d give you bowel cancer.love ya.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006 »

Another one here, Helena, who buys the Daily Mail on Saturdays for the TV guide!  Smiley

toellandback
New Blood

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006 »

The free TV guides are all well and good in weekend papers (although the Telegraph one is awful), however if any publishers would like to get out of the habit of giving away free CDs and DVDs, then us newsagents and our paper deliverers would be eternally grateful! Off topic I know, sorry.

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006 »

Eeeewwwww........ at least the Mail gave us The Big Sleep on Saturday.

I'm a S-k-g....

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006 »

obvo,but The Mail gives me the BIG sleep every day.Sat.neet,Sunday,morn in Daily Telegraph on Saturday.For Jade;them was rotten days;from this great movie.Also Th`artic franksidebottoms album title is from `snsm`

toellandback
New Blood

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006 »

Eeeewwwww........ at least the Mail gave us The Big Sleep on Saturday.

Law of averages that someone would give away something decent sooner or later I guess  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 269
Print

Jump to: