About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 269
Print
Author Topic: TV  (Read 435431 times)
Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #3930 on: July 12, 2011 »

"Case Histories" .... "Luther" ........ tumbleweed .......  Undecided

I'll see you in my dreams.

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #3931 on: July 12, 2011 »

Ace programme about John Lennon in New York on BBC1 right now. Truly ace! Generally not catching much tv recently, better get set for digital switchover tho...

Strongest girl in the world

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #3932 on: July 13, 2011 »

OK, there's so much else we agree on that I think a small disagreement about the merits of U2 is neither here nor there. Nothing wrong with Neil Diamond though. OR the hat, now you mention it. And that woman WAS more than a little drunk!

But if you DID fancy a change of headgear, Mark, there are more options than previously thought....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523

I'm a S-k-g....

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #3933 on: July 14, 2011 »

Just watched the entire series 1 of LUTHER yesterday (was home sick). Awesome. Loved it. One of my fave things I've seen on TV in the past few years.

clashcityrocker
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #3934 on: July 14, 2011 »

Well, I "got" Luther but I didn't really want it. I found this the most ludicrous piece of badly acted, ludicrously plotted, nonsense I've watched for quite some time. There was not one character with any kind of credibility or any interaction between characters that I came close to believing in.  Yeah, it looked good, but did not stand up to any kind of scrutiny if realism was something it aspired to.

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #3935 on: July 14, 2011 »

Well, I "got" Luther but I didn't really want it. I found this the most ludicrous piece of badly acted, ludicrously plotted, nonsense I've watched for quite some time. There was not one character with any kind of credibility or any interaction between characters that I came close to believing in.  Yeah, it looked good, but did not stand up to any kind of scrutiny if realism was something it aspired to.

Interesting - I review hundreds of books and also TV programmes etc for a job and hobby (so I have a lot to compare things to, and aren't saying this because of a small sample size), and I thought it was terrifically acted, and very well scripted. Best British TV I've seen in ages. It is 'over the type' or 'theatrical', but I found it very, very good.

Just goes to show people can watch (or read, or listen to) the same thing, and get a completely different reaction.

For instance, there are other reviewers I know who don't rate Mark's books at all, and yet I think he is one of the very best British crime writers over the past decade-plus, if not the best... different strokes for different folks...

That's not to say my opinion is any more valid, just different.

tzara
Hardened Forum Fiend

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted...

« Reply #3936 on: August 02, 2011 »

Anybody watching the latest Dexter - just gets better. I thought it might fade out but no way!

If you want to be happy... be.

Simon
Hardened Forum Fiend

It takes a lot of planning to be this spontaneous.

« Reply #3937 on: August 06, 2011 »

Just dropped in and yes, I have to agree that Dexter is a work of genius. Five seasons in and it shows no signs of flagging.

Vikki
New Blood

« Reply #3938 on: August 15, 2011 »

Just started re-watching my Wire In The Blood series....really good watch as Robson Green performs brilliantly and certainly gets you thinking! :)

xx Vikki xx Smiley

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #3939 on: September 01, 2011 »

Watching Specsavers A-Z of Crime on ITV3 - the Guv is making a cameo appearance, but Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.....really?

And if anyone feels like voting for a certain very tall Brummie of our acquaintence...

http://www.itv.com/theitv3peoplesbestsellerdaggervote/default.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 by Rock chick » Logged

I'm a S-k-g....

Pat Kennedy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #3940 on: September 02, 2011 »

Have voted for the very tall Brummie !

But ... Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher Huh? Noooooooo!
FGS -who thought that one would fly?

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #3941 on: September 02, 2011 »

Voted - cheers for the link RC.

Am still gripped by The Killing on Ch 4.

I'll see you in my dreams.

PracticeJack
Hardened Forum Fiend

Bazinga

« Reply #3942 on: September 02, 2011 »

Having seen every episode of the Killing and i think you are gonna love it.

Last weeks Dr WHo was brilliant. Im a nerd and im cool with that!

Too dumb for science? Try religion!

ravenscross
Hardened Forum Fiend

Read my tweets... on twitter

« Reply #3943 on: September 05, 2011 »

Torchwood will soon becoming to an ending, rather sadly. It's been a cracking story and really well thought out. The fact that I won't get a weekly viewing of the stunning Eve is actually very depressing as well!

Meanwhile, the Doctor seems to going a little odd. Saturdays episode was just mental on so many levels!

However, those that love a good crime show should be happy to see that Rizzoli & Isles is finally making it onto British TV on the cracking channel Alibi. It's well worth a watch and I dare you know to want to riverdance when you hear the theme tune.

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #3944 on: September 06, 2011 »

Watching Specsavers A-Z of Crime on ITV3 - the Guv is making a cameo appearance, but Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.....really?

And if anyone feels like voting for a certain very tall Brummie of our acquaintence...

Thanks, Carol. Bizarrely, according to the T&C of the vote, you are allowed to vote FIVE times from any email address. Seems a bit odd to me, but there you are. So if anyone feels like it, please vote and vote again. I know others on the shortlist are doing the same, so...

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 269
Print

Jump to: