About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: who wants Tom Thorne brought to life on TV?  (Read 101995 times)
kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2006 »

i agree lee ive found that with most books that have been adapted for tv or film id rather just read the book
Or that the adaptation for TV or film is so far removed as to make the book seem unrecognisable. I offer The Bourne Identity as evidence.

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2006 »

Maybe this should be in 'What makes you Angry' thread - I hate it when they change the endings to make the film/programme more 'audience friendly' or put in yukky love 'interest'!

I'm a S-k-g....

PracticeJack
Hardened Forum Fiend

Bazinga

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2006 »

Sorry sweetie we've already cast the role of Hendricks to me

xx

Wow!...

I can't say I can even begin to imagine how it would feel to read a book and see my own craven image when thinking of a character therein.

You're a greater man than I,PracticeJack.

Nah its just egotisticalism (is that even a word, you know what i mean)

Too dumb for science? Try religion!

melsm
New Blood

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2006 »

Well, Yes, I'd vote for the Neil Pearson is the best and it's ages since he played a cop Wink)) makes me drool just to think of the combo - great story and NP, heaven

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2006 »

Welcome to the forum, Melsm. Smiley

Sonia J
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2006 »

Maybe this should be in 'What makes you Angry' thread - I hate it when they change the endings to make the film/programme more 'audience friendly' or put in yukky love 'interest'!

I agree RC and even more puzzling is when they change a main characters name like they did in The Bone Collector.

betty
Hardened Forum Fiend

Youghal - 5 miles of golden beach

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2006 »

I agree with you both, I hate when they change the story line or names.  Welcome to the formum melsm, remind me please who is Neil Pearson -my memory is gone to pot Huh

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...
but while we are here we may as well dance"

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2006 »

What was the name of that programme he used to be in on Friday nights? Between the Lines?

betty
Hardened Forum Fiend

Youghal - 5 miles of golden beach

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2006 »

Thanks girls, I remember him now - nah, I still Clive Owen - those eyes of his Kiss

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...
but while we are here we may as well dance"

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2006 »

What was the name of that programme he used to be in on Friday nights? Between the Lines?
Don't know if it was Friday, (I thought it could have been Tuesday, but what the heck, we're all friends on the BTZ!!) Jayne, but Between The Lines was absolutely brilliant. Just wish I could remember the guy who played Harry (the character) and Siobhan's surname (the actress).

rockrebel
Hardened Forum Fiend

la merde se produit

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2006 »

Tom Georgeson played Harry and the lady was Siobhan Redmond

rock & roll will never die

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2006 »

Tom Georgeson played Harry and the lady was Siobhan Redmond
As knowledgeable as ever, rr - though I was forced to abandon ship at VERY short notice yesterday, in my defence, rr. The person I was due to meet turned up 15 minutes early, but as it was a good meeting, I'll forgive her! Grin

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2006 »

Since I read Scardeycat, I can only agree that Tom Thorne ought to get a TV series!  After all, to have such a gritty and exceedingly charismatic copper with a touch of feeling for his fellow humans, would make a change from the stereotypical coppers on TV at the moment.  The Bill has gone grossly downhill over the years, Taggart isn't the same without Mark McManus, Midsomer Murders has its moments, and A Touch of Frost, although still worth watching, would pale into insignificance if Inspector Tom Thorne became a proper 3 dimensional character!
   Providing the producers kept Mark Billingham's subtle sense of humour within the scripts, I reckon it's be an award-winning programme!
   I particularly would like to see Scaredycat made as one of the first episodes!

Roger Nubseyone

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

millhouse
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2006 »

No no and no.

I've tried watching Rebus both with John Hannan and Ken Stott and neither of them were a patch of what I thought of him, (Rebus.)

Thorne would go the same way.

Si vis pacem para bellum

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2006 »

i`m still with you Millhouse,even after yesterdays travesty!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
Print

Jump to: