About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What's Next for Thorne?  (Read 2480 times)
Rob_J
New Blood

« on: July 26, 2012 »

Mr. Billingham,

Thanks so much for writing all these great books. The Thorne series is phenomenal. I read them all in the last month and loved them. That was the fun part because since I didn't know about these books I was able to read them without having to wait. But now I have to wait until next year to read the next Thorne book :(

Anyway, I loved Good as Dead but it did end with a bit of mystery regarding what would happen to Thorne. I was wondering if you could give us any detail into what happened to him or any update on the next book? I know in one post, you mentioned about possibly demoting Thorne to patrol. Is he really going to be a patrolman cop in the next book (hope not)?

Finally, I know that Thorne has a cameo appearance in Rush of Blood. Will we find out anything about what he is doing from that appearance?

Sorry for all the questions and I know you might not want to answer some of them now but like the series so much figured I would bring that up and ask them.

Rob_J
New Blood

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012 »

I reread my question and realize I shouldn't have put "patrolman" cop but instead "uniform" cop because that's what was mentioned previously in another post.

I've also read how what happens to Thorne after Good as Dead is identified in the new book, Rush of Blood, so I wouldn't expect you to post it here, which pretty much makes my question's timing silly so if you want to disregard it that is fine although any thoughts or teasers on the series' future would of course be great.

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012 »

Rob, yes you'll find out where Thorne is at in his cameo at the end of Rush Of Blood. He'll be dealing with the ramifications in the next full length Thorne novel which I've just finished...

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012 »

Congratulations on Rush of Blood getting to No.1 in the bestsellers!!! Never doubted it for a moment x

I'm a S-k-g....

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012 »

Thanks, Carol...

Mark x

Spurs_are_us
New Blood

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012 »

Just finished reading Rush of blood, good ending :)

sarah1980
Repeat Offender

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012 »

I finished it too- very very intrigued for the next Tom Thorne book!!!!!!

JenC
New Blood

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012 »

Hello Mark.  Am new to forums like these and, like some others here, came to your books late, so was able to read them in order at leisure, and am now addicted.  So just finished Rush of Blood, terrific read, and note you mention in your post above you have finished the next Thorne novel.  Can you give us an expected publication date?  Or is it somewhere on the website and i missed it?

thanks
Jen

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012 »

Jen,

The next one (as yet without a title) will almost certainly be published in August 2013.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Mark

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012 »

August 2013 is when I get married. Hope it's out in time for me to take a copy with me on our honeymoon. Assuming, of course, that I get any reading done!  Wink  Grin

Linda L
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012 »

Lol Jayne!  It is a long time to wait for a new Thorne novel.....but time will go quickly for you Jayne.

People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012 »

I hope so, Linda! x

annie
Serial Poster

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012 »

ive just bought rush of blood, halfway through already! didnt realise Thorne has a cameo in it though. really enjoying the book but cant wait for the new Thorne book

annie
Serial Poster

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012 »

just finished Rush of Blood really enjoyed it was expecting a twist of some sort and you didnt disapoint. will this storyline continue either in the next Thorne book or in another book?

bazwithers
New Blood

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012 »

Hi Mark - bit late to come to your (penultimate) latest, but have just finished "Good as . . . " - arguably your best to date, tho I haven't read "Rush . . . " yet.
Here's a thought . . . something that intrigued me during my reading of "Good as Dead": a brief insight into TT's early years in the police service as a young, raw recruit. Taking him back to how it all began for him; his experiences in the late 80's/90's?
Looking forward to reading "Rush of Blood" and the (next) Thorne, in whatever form it
takes. Many thanks.   

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: