About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: If You Had To....  (Read 1322 times)
smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« on: January 29, 2011 »

If you had to protect someone famous and lie for them after they had accidentally murdered their partner, who would it be?

...and who, if you could, would you pin it on?

This is not an opportunity to claim the moral high ground and say you would never condone harming even a fly, we know you wouldn`t (except you, scares. I saw you swat a big bad bluebottle at Harrogate), it`s just hypothetical. If it helps, the dead partner was a cheating, violent, puppy slaying, snot on your curtains, Burnley worshipping bitch/bastard.

I would protect the Queen and pin it on this bloody drunken French git who nearly ran me over once on a day trip to Calais in 1997.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011 »

I would protect Robbie Keane and blame it on the stupid woman whose nose I broke on Boxing Day after she tried to attack me.

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011 »

I would protect Robbie Williams and pin it on a woman in our office, who is a nasty piece of work.

Oh, and once Robbie had completed his mourning, he would be so grateful that he'd marry me!

I'll see you in my dreams.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011 »

LOL, Mary!

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011 »

Ok, like it, but my sarky example may have confuddled. So could we blame it on someone famous too/instead!?
 I shall actually protect Kate Middleton (honest, she makes my wizzle sizzle) and  hang the blame on Steven Gerrard. Let's see him buy his way out of that one.

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011 »

I would protect Julia Roberts and blame it on Kiefer Sutherland so we would not have to suffer any more 24.

Munster by the Grace of God.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011 »

I'd blame it on Margaret Thatcher.

clashcityrocker
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011 »

I'd protect Penelope Cruz because, even though she's just had a baby, I still feel I may be in with a chance. I'd blame Margaret Thatcher if Jayne hadn't beaten me to it. Instead I'll opt for her spiritual progeny - Edwina Currie. I only have to get a glimpse of her smug mush on TV or hear her grating self-satisfied voice and I want to hurl projectiles at the screen. I even find the way she bats her eyelids and her hair annoying.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011 »

I think Mary may well pin it on Walsall F.C after today

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011 »

Like your thinking Smudge!

For long term satisfaction, I'd pin it on Gary Linekar - would love to see that smug grin wiped off his face.

I'll see you in my dreams.

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

My Name..." Said the fifth Horseman "is..."

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011 »

I would protect Mezghan Hussainey and blame it all on Simon Cowell. Yes, that would mean he committed suicide, but hey look on the bright side, Simon Cowell would be dead. Music fans would rejoice.

"What don't Kill you makes you more strong"

http://andrewmillenstalesofsmugglers.weebly.com/

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011 »

I'm loving this thread and you know, I wouldn't protect any of them, I'd send 'em all down Wink
If I have to choose I'd protect David Cameron's wife (whatever she's called), and pin it on Clegg as they're my least favourite people in the world right now

Strongest girl in the world

rockrebel
Hardened Forum Fiend

la merde se produit

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011 »

I'd protect crippen and pin it on that twat at 23

rock & roll will never die

tortoiseshell
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011 »

Oh dear. A few I would happily perjure myself to protect but a lot that I would happily pin it on.

If I had to choose just one pairing though it would be that I would protect Johnny Depp and pin it on Michael Winner.  (Calm down, dears - it's just hypothetical!!)  T xx

If God had meant for me to touch my toes ten times every morning, he would have put diamonds in the floor.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: