About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: 9mm - quickfire author interviews  (Read 14074 times)
Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010 »

Not at all. Smiley

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010 »

Interview with MB will be published on Crime Watch in the next week or so...

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010 »

Interview with Stuart MacBride published today.

Interview with MB was published last week, for those that missed it: http://kiwicrime.blogspot.com/2010/06/9mm-interview-with-mark-billingham.html

millhouse
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010 »

Top work Craig

Si vis pacem para bellum

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010 »

For those who've been enjoying the 9mm series, and other content on Crime Watch (my blog), I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd consider voting for in the 2010 NetGuide Awards (which look at the best NZ-based websites and blogs etc):
http://kiwicrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/is-crime-watch-one-of-new-zealands-best.html

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010 »

Hmmm is something supposed to indicate I voted?

Strongest girl in the world

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010 »

I think you just put in the address of the site you want to vote for, then click on the blue vote button, and it should go to another page...

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010 »

put it in where?...

Strongest girl in the world

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010 »

Interview with Michael Koryta added yesterday: http://kiwicrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/9mm-interview-with-michael-koryta.html

Other interviews with James Lee Burke, PD James and Mark Gimenez are already 'in the can' and will be published soon. I also have interviews with Michael Connelly and Peter Robinson coming up soon, so will incorporate the 9mm questions into those interviews (which are for articles in the Weekend Herald), and will hopefully be meeting/interviewing Michael Robotham, Simon Kernick, Val McDermid, Peter James, and RJ Ellory when they are all in NZ later this year... so that's quite a cool line-up already.

Any other authors people would particularly like me to include in the ongoing series?

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010 »

Interview with CBS Interactive Editor David Carnoy added this week: http://kiwicrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/9mm-interview-with-david-carnoy.html

He has an interesting story - he first published his debut thriller KNIFE MUSIC as an iPhone app, then it became a successful e-book, and has now been picked up by a hard-copy publisher. The world of modern publishing eh?

Susie-J
Serial Poster

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010 »

....eeeee! Roger Ellory - he's a lovely man and has given me lots of help and advice about getting published!  Looking forward to that interview Craig!

'Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!' Groucho Marx

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010 »

....eeeee! Roger Ellory - he's a lovely man and has given me lots of help and advice about getting published!  Looking forward to that interview Craig!

Well, he's heading down to New Zealand in Sept, so hopefully I will meet him in person too. PS As we speak, news is flowing through that he just won the Theakston at Harrogate too Susie-J...

I'm looking forward to reading THE ANNIVERSARY MAN and SAINTS OF NEW YORK (his latest/upcoming book), which are sitting in front of me right now...

Susie-J
Serial Poster

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010 »

...yay! I'm pleased for him! I really loved that book (A Random Act of Violence). I'm hoping to catch up with him when he has a gap in his busy schedule, but I know he's doing a lot of tours for the rest of the year.

He'd offerred to come to our library to do 'An evening with...' but it got hijacked by senior staff and diverted to an out-of-the-way venue - and then it got cancelled because they couldn't sell enough (overpriced) tickets  Angry

Rumour has it he may be coming to Rugby in October....I may have walked out by then, so I can just be a 'punter'.

'Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!' Groucho Marx

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010 »

Interview with Brit/Kiwi Stella Duffy to be published on Crime Watch tomorrow (Monday NZT)....

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010 »

After 25 instalments of 9mm in the first 4 months, I'm doing a bit of a stocktake. I'd really appreciate it if some of you who've read some of the series would pop in and leave some feedback here: http://kiwicrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/9mm-quickfire-author-interviews-taking.html

Looking to make it even better in future, so I'd appreciate your comments.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print

Jump to: