About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: So who is playing who Mark?  (Read 5942 times)
Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010 »

Since I watch so little TV, I am not familiar with any of the named actors, so have no opinion either way.
When I eventually get to see the series (If RTE buy it or I get to the cinema or see it on DVD), I will probably spend the time commenting "That wasn't in the book" or "They've changed that".
Get ready to do PLENTY of that, Richard. But you know what, I'm happy with it. Honestly.

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010 »

That is good to hear Mark. So often authors (and readers) are disappointed with the screenplay adaptation of their work

Munster by the Grace of God.

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010 »

I forgot we cancelled our Sky subscription this month (still using the box, but don't get all the channels) and I was gutted.  My sister's got Sky Plus so I will be begging her to record it for me (or let me watch it).  I'm keeping an open mind, but I've got a strong feeling Mark will gain quite a few more readers :-)

For everything a reason
Forgive everybody and remember
F.E.A.R. (You got the fear)

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010 »

Make sure Eddie Marsan gorws a beard as Tughan Mark, I think he looks too babyfaced without it, besides, when I read about Tughan, I pictured him with a beard!!!!

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010 »

I'm sure Eddie was in an episode of Only Fools, or am I imagining it?

For everything a reason

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010 »

I think you're right Elessa, he's been in a few major Brit films recently.

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

tortoiseshell
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010 »

Elessa, I've got the whole of Only Fools on DVD and I'm as sure as I can be that he was never in it.  (Although I am happy to stand corrected if I have missed him in it).

However, he was in an episode of Game On as an old boyfriend of Amanda's who had turned to crime and held them all hostage (Yes, I have all of that on DVD as well).

He has been in a lot of stuff more recently.   T xx

If God had meant for me to touch my toes ten times every morning, he would have put diamonds in the floor.

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010 »

Elessa, I've got the whole of Only Fools on DVD and I'm as sure as I can be that he was never in it.  (Although I am happy to stand corrected if I have missed him in it).

However, he was in an episode of Game On as an old boyfriend of Amanda's who had turned to crime and held them all hostage (Yes, I have all of that on DVD as well).

He has been in a lot of stuff more recently.   T xx

Ah! thanks Tortoiseshell, that was exactly what I was thinking of - Game On was a great series and had Samantha Janus in as I recall.  I knew it was a comedy of some sort, apols to true only fools fans  Wink Embarrassed

For everything a reason

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010 »

Not sure that I know any of the supporting actors/actresses. If it's only going to be on Sky, it's looking like I may miss out.  Sad

tortoiseshell
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010 »

You are quite right, Elessa. Samantha Janus was one of the leads, playing the nymphomaniac, Amanda. It was a great programme which only ran for three series. A bit lewd and crude but very, very funny especially when Neil Stuke took over the role of Matt from Ben Chaplin who moved on to a career in Hollywood.

Yes, whilst some people are movie nerds, I am a comedy nerd.   T xx

If God had meant for me to touch my toes ten times every morning, he would have put diamonds in the floor.

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010 »

You are quite right, Elessa. Samantha Janus was one of the leads, playing the nymphomaniac, Amanda. It was a great programme which only ran for three series. A bit lewd and crude but very, very funny especially when Neil Stuke took over the role of Matt from Ben Chaplin who moved on to a career in Hollywood.

Yes, whilst some people are movie nerds, I am a comedy nerd.   T xx

Maybe we should start a new thread - I love comedy, especially some of the less popular ones.  I loved Spaced and I still love watching Red Dwarf re-runs.

For everything a reason

apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010 »

Stephen Campbell Moore is playing Jeremy Bishop! According ot IMDb....

o_vybrant_one
New Blood

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010 »

Hullo all, i'm new here, but so glad to have found out about who's playing Thorne and other characters after reading all your comments. Been a HUGE Billingham fan for a little over a year after I happen-chanced one of his books (Buried), since then, I've bought every single one!

Kinda disappointed I wasn't chosen to be Thorne, hey ho - but I think David Morrissey's the next best choice Wink

Looking forward - any news on when exactly it's airing..hopefully in Sky HD :)

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010 »

Welcome to the forum, o_vybrant_one. I hope you enjoy your time on here.

Munster by the Grace of God.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010 »

Welcome aboard - it's good to hear from you. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print

Jump to: