About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: So who is playing who Mark?  (Read 5932 times)
apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« on: March 04, 2010 »

Smiley

Thanks

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010 »

How exciting!! I can't wait until it comes out - any ideas as to when it's going to be aired Mark?

Well we know David Morrissey is Thorne - I'm guessing Natascha McElhone as Dr Anne Coburn, Eddie Marsen as Hendriks and Aiden Gillen as Holland?

For everything a reason
Forgive everybody and remember
F.E.A.R. (You got the fear)

Pat Kennedy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010 »

All the articles I've read state that it's due 'this Autumn' . Mark may of course know differently!

I agree with your first and third 'guesses' - I can't see Eddie Marsan as Hendricks, although I'm sure he'll do a fabulous job, whoever he's playing.

[If I can't have Christopher Eccleston as Hendricks, everyone else will be second best for me ! Grin]

apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010 »

I first though of Aiden Gillen being Phil, but thats probably just because of 'Queer as Folk'.

Pat Kennedy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010 »

Mmmm - another gay Mancunian ? Maybe....... Cool

Elessa
Repeat Offender

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010 »

I was wrong about Hendricks:  Mark put this on Facebook:

'Aiden is playing Hendricks and Eddie is playing Tughan, who will now also feature in Scaredy Cat and hopefully beyond. We've also got the amazing Jack Shepherd as Thorne's father and a wonderful actress called Lorraine Ashbourne as Brigstocke (who has undergone a sex change!)'

I'm still in shock over Brigstocke - I had such an image in my head!  Should be interesting!

For everything a reason
Forgive everybody and remember
F.E.A.R. (You got the fear)

apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010 »

Can someone remind me who Tughan is please?

Lorraine Ashbourne is Andy Serkis' wife. Hopefully shes a class as her husband!

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010 »

Tughan is another DI who features prominently in Sleepyhead - something of a nemesis for Thorne. He will now also feature in Scaredy Cat. Eddie Marsan is utterly wonderful!

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010 »

Thanks Mark. I love Eddie Marsan, so you should definatly get them to bring him back in EVERY film they do of your books.

Been watching 'Five Days' this week and I couldnt actually think of anyone better than Morrisey. He's channeling a bit of Thorne in this series.

Pat Kennedy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010 »

Thanks Mark ! - looking forward to it even more now. If that were possible.

And David Morrissey in Five Days - WOW. What an actor.

Susie-J
Serial Poster

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010 »

And David Morrissey in Five Days - WOW. What an actor.

Yes - tis very good! (but I do keep thinking he's Thorne already......!!!)

'Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!' Groucho Marx

tortoiseshell
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010 »

Still not liking Morrissey as Thorne but excited all the same. I know that it isn't my project but as a huge Thorne fan, feel like it is my baby anyway. Is that just me or does anyone else feel the same?  T xx

If God had meant for me to touch my toes ten times every morning, he would have put diamonds in the floor.

apollocandy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010 »

What is it you don't like about it?

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010 »

Since I watch so little TV, I am not familiar with any of the named actors, so have no opinion either way.
When I eventually get to see the series (If RTE buy it or I get to the cinema or see it on DVD), I will probably spend the time commenting "That wasn't in the book" or "They've changed that".

Munster by the Grace of God.

Pat Kennedy
Repeat Offender

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010 »

Since I watch so little TV, I am not familiar with any of the named actors, so have no opinion either way.
When I eventually get to see the series (If RTE buy it or I get to the cinema or see it on DVD), I will probably spend the time commenting "That wasn't in the book" or "They've changed that".
I watch a lot of drama on TV and that's part of the fun for me - seeing someone else's  take on a favourite book or play. I'm sure it will be very good, especially with the cast they've got on board for it.

I hope you do get to see it, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print

Jump to: