About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
Print
Author Topic: Lets stretch our creativity...  (Read 40970 times)
ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

My Name..." Said the fifth Horseman "is..."

« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2009 »

It took a while for merrissa to realize what the Russian was gesticulating at, but she turned round, to see that theStage was engulfed by a shimmering bright light, and realized to her horror that another rift was forming. Sure enough, as she stood, rooted to the spot in fear, somethng familiar emerged from within the rift....

"What don't Kill you makes you more strong"

http://andrewmillenstalesofsmugglers.weebly.com/

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2009 »

Something with a metallic, shocking pink, shell ...

Munster by the Grace of God.

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #452 on: August 07, 2009 »

The strange egg just lay on the stage for a while, It was larger than an ostriches egg, and looked like an easter egg. One of the Czeck's walked up to it, and picked it up, just as it began to hatch......

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #453 on: August 08, 2009 »

A tentacle, about as thin as a small finger, with a bright yellow eye at the tip swayed gently through the crack in the shell.

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #454 on: August 08, 2009 »

Claire looked over at Marissa, who was staring at the eye as if transfixed and muttering over and over "No more blobs, no more blobs".
Grabbing Marissa, Claire headed for the door. The second Czech tried to block their way. Surprising herself by her impulsive reaction, Claire kneed him in the groin and as he doubled over she thrust the shaking girl ahead of her into a cold, damp, misty November evening.

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2009 »

"What the Hell was that" Claire sked Merissa when they were outside. Merissa had no time to pick up her coat, and Claire couldn't be sure weather she was shaking from the cold, or through fear.
"It's them...." she eventually replied. "IThey are comming through a rift in the time/space continumum, and we can't stop them. Reality is getting screwed up, Thiis is where we need the Doctor, but he is just a work of fiction."

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2009 »

"I know fiction" said Claire, "follow me" and ducked into the shadows, along the canal until they were somewhere near where they started. Claire looked all around before reaching into her pocket, grabbed a bunch of keys and unlocked the door. "Fiction indeed..." Claire muttered as they decended the metal steps into the Library cellar.

Strongest girl in the world

Linda L
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2009 »

It was cold and musty as they decended the steps.  An old grille at the bottom swung open to reveal rows up rows of books, everyone a novel about a famous detective

People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2009 »

As merissa followed Claire through the cellar, she shivere a little. She felt lost and afraid, wondering what had happened to her earlier companions, and indeed wondering how she was going to stop the things. She remembered her experience and remembered that foresetti had promised her three gifts that would help her. The Gift of prophecy only worked when she touched someone, it appeared, but she still had to find out the other two. She followed Claire until

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2009 »

"Stop", she whispered to Claire. "The three guardian priests of the Moonstone are sleeping behind that partition ahead. We must talk to them, they have some vital information to help us continue our Quest".
"What do you mean 'we'", hissed Claire. "Since when did I become part of this strangeness?"

scary claire
Hardened Forum Fiend

Clarior ex ignibus

« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2009 »

"Besides, I'm ready for a cuppa"

Strongest girl in the world

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2009 »

"But", wailed Marissa, "I must gain the other two gifts Forsetti promised me. I just wish I could remember what they are"

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2009 »

Suddenly, clare tripped and fell down. Rubbing her ankle she turned to see what she had fallen over. It looked like a large, vicious and nasty axe.

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2009 »

It was in the hand of an ugly goblin, with a horned helmet on his head, who appeared to be dead or sleeping against an old cupboard.

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2009 »

Merissa shook him awake.
"Wassatt, eh, oh, it's you" The Goblin said."Right, you are the chosen one, etc, etc, and I have the honour of giving you this.  A magic axe. "
"Oh, thanks" said Merissa, picking up the weapon. strangely, it felt light, and, giving a few experimental swings, (causing Claire to duck") she could tell that it was well balanced. "This should help" She said.
"Right, just sign here, and here, initial here. Here you go, " he handed her a large book. Looking at Merissa's puzzlement, he offered by way of explanation. "Health and safety rules and regs. don't blame me, I am  just the delivery Goblin", and he vanished.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
Print

Jump to: