About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Rugby Union  (Read 35041 times)
kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2009 »

No - the Aussies are the world-beaters at that, scary! Tongue

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2009 »

So, at Wales 23-15 England, it was a lot closer than I expected, result-wise. However, to play a quarter of the match with only 14 men and to give six kickable penalties away tells its own story of ill-discipline, exactly as I expected. Grr!

Nethers
Hardened Forum Fiend

Popping in occasionally

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2009 »

Agreed Kev, much better match. France Scotland was a bit zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. England defnitely needs to get its act together regarding discipline - but at least they played some rugby this weekend. Looking forward to Italy Ireland tomorrow. 

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2009 »

And England, surprisingly, out-scored Wales in the tries department by 2-1. Oh, for the ill-discipline!

Nethers
Hardened Forum Fiend

Popping in occasionally

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2009 »

Strewth! I'm exhausted after the Ireland England match. This is the one where my Irish heritage takes over. Thank God the Irish won - but not by the 12 point margin I'd predicted. My boy Ronan was definitely off form. Bless.

England played some pretty dirty rugby and I'm surprised there weren't more yellow cards. It hardly took a lip reader to make out what Martin Johnson thought!

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009 »

When Irish Eyes are Smiling...

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2009 »

Strewth! I'm exhausted after the Ireland England match. This is the one where my Irish heritage takes over. Thank God the Irish won - but not by the 12 point margin I'd predicted. My boy Ronan was definitely off form. Bless.

England played some pretty dirty rugby and I'm surprised there weren't more yellow cards. It hardly took a lip reader to make out what Martin Johnson thought!

From an English viewpoint, it's as well he was, Sarah! The scoreline still flattered England. How and when Martin Johnson sorts out the indiscipline is anyone's guess. How they can even contemplate winning an imternational playing a quarter of the game with one player less than the opposition is beyond me.  Roll Eyes Angry

The scary thing from the Irish viewpoint is how many points the English might have scored if they'd played the whole game with fifteen men.

Who has home advantage when the Irish and the Welsh play each other? Home advantage counts for such a lot that I would go with the home team to win that match.

Grant H
Serial Poster

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2009 »

England are back !!! Nice one, did you see how happy Martin Johnson was at halftime skipping down those steps ?! Le Rostbif carved up the French, shame this is all too little too late but nice to have anyway. Anyone else sharing my short-term joy ?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2009 »

Best of luck to my beloved Boys in Green today. Go Ireland!!

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2009 »

I'll be rooting for an Irish win in the RBS 6 Nations overall.

I happen to think that Wales will win the match this weekend, but by less than the requisite points margin (13 or more) to win the Championship overall. An historic 6 Nations Grand Slam would be better, though.

France to beat Italy, wherever that game takes place and England to beat Scotland, but by less than 10 points.

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2009 »

I'll be rooting for an Irish win in the RBS 6 Nations overall.

I happen to think that Wales will win the match this weekend, but by less than the requisite points margin (13 or more) to win the Championship overall. An historic 6 Nations Grand Slam would be better, though.

France to beat Italy, wherever that game takes place and England to beat Scotland, but by less than 10 points.

Sorry for doubting the Irish. My heartiest congratulations go to the team and all of their supporters. That last minute penalty miss was (almost) a heart-stopper! Grin

I wonder what Jayne's head will be like in the morning! Grin
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 by kevindj » Logged

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2009 »

MY BOYS IN GREEN HAVE DONE ME PROUD! I'm a bit drunk and will no doubt have a sore head in the morning, but God it was worth it!

Well done, Ireland!!!

ronniesoak
Hardened Forum Fiend

My Name..." Said the fifth Horseman "is..."

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2009 »

Well done Ireland,  - good match.

As an aside, I was fortunate enough this time last year to be in a pub in Brecon the night that Wales won the trophy last year - Surrounded by a horde of jubiluiant Welshmen, the beer flowing till till the wee hours, I have been back to that same pub a couple of times through last year, and they always remember me as the lone englishmen brave enough to venture in that night...

"What don't Kill you makes you more strong"

http://andrewmillenstalesofsmugglers.weebly.com/

Grant H
Serial Poster

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009 »

Well done indeed ireland and well done to all 6 teams; it's been a great tournament this year; a feast of great rugby played ! Long may it continue. The British Lions Tour to South Africa in June up next.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2009 »

MY BOYS IN GREEN HAVE DONE ME PROUD! I'm a bit drunk and will no doubt have a sore head in the morning, but God it was worth it!

Well done, Ireland!!!

Thanks to Ireland, England's win against the Scots gave them second place in the 6 Nations! Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print

Jump to: