About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 245
Print
Author Topic: So can we talk about football here?  (Read 371349 times)
rockrebel
Hardened Forum Fiend

la merde se produit

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2006 »

I agree with you about Kenyon Smudge. If you looked up football corruption in the dictionary I reckon it would say Peter Kenyon. What gets me about the whole Chelsea machine these days is the arrogance. Don't get me wrong I don't mind a bit of swagger if it's deserved,but what has Jose achieved there ? It doesn't take any great managerial skill to buy the premiership. I can't wait for the bubble to burst

rock & roll will never die

clashcityrocker
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2006 »

As a fellow Mackem, Helen, I live about fifteen minutes walk from the Stadium of Light. Every other Saturday afternoon around 5 O'Clock the feeling of resigned desperation is almost palpable. What I find utterly depressing is, I can't imagine things getting much better, not in the short term, anyway.
But, if a Mackem can live with a Geordie, anything is possible.

rockrebel
Hardened Forum Fiend

la merde se produit

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2006 »

I am completely mystified by Liverpool's continuing failure to score goals. Only 6 goals in their last 10 games after creating dozens of chances. The 4 main strikers are all proven goal scorers and it's uncanny that they've all "dried up" at the same time.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2006 »

how do you black cats stand on boro in europe? jingoistic,ambivalent or that peculiar football schadenfrude?

clashcityrocker
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2006 »

Probably ambivalent, Smudge. The rivalry between we Black Cats and the Boro is nowhere near a intense as that between Newcastle and us. Personally, I wish the Boro well and the only time that really changes is when we play them.
CCR

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2006 »

for you wolverines and o`leary non sympathisers it may cheer you to know how robbed villa were this evening.VERY.

WERDNA
Repeat Offender

beelzebub has a devil put aside for me

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2006 »

Hard luck story of the day - Rangers v Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock name 2 goalies on the bench with 1 of them as an outfield player to meet under21 rules, make all 3 substitutions then get their goalie sent off and have to put an outfield player in goal

I'm away to lock myself in a darkened room

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2006 »

This is my first post, and I have no shame ............... I am a Bristol Rovers fan.  Grin

We are currently languishing in the 4th Division.  OK, I know that they've re-named everything, so it's now called the 2nd Division ..... but the reality is that we've been stuck in the basement division for 4 years.  Downhill ever since Ian Holloway left - been waiting for the "right" managerial appointment.  The current incumbent is called "Trollope" ....... but, hey, what's in a name?!

May just scrape into the play-offs this year - keep the faith gasheads!

I'll see you in my dreams.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2006 »

if you support ANY B.R.F.C. you are alright with me and those heathens in red spoled an otherwise grand day in 1990 by robbing us.Youse on the other hand sparked us 3-0 the last time we played you and were well worth it.Goodnight Irene,i`ll see you in my dreams.

WERDNA
Repeat Offender

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2006 »

R.I.P. Jimmy 'Jinky' Johnstone, I maybe a Rangers fan but the guy was a genius, when you watch old footage of him it's unbelievable to see him twisting & turning defenders inside out (and his charity cover version of Dirty Old Town along with Jim Kerr is actually quite good as well)

Jez Pattle
New Blood

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2006 »

Old enough to have seen the 67 European Cup Final on TV. Jimmy Johnstone was very special and it's good to see so many tributes from both sides of the old firm. R.I.P.

rockrebel
Hardened Forum Fiend

la merde se produit

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2006 »

I agree Jimmy Johnstone was a joy to watch. Back in the sixties and seventies Scotland produced loads of great players. All the top English clubs had a handful of key players from Scotland. Can anyone explain why Scottish football is in such a poor state now. I can't think of one Scotsman who I'd like to see playing for Liverpool and there's not one who would get in the England squad.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2006 »

will post on friday and if you are available will bring my hairbrush and sufficient money to numb me to the fact you will win.xx.si

WERDNA
Repeat Offender

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2006 »

I agree Jimmy Johnstone was a joy to watch. Back in the sixties and seventies Scotland produced loads of great players. All the top English clubs had a handful of key players from Scotland. Can anyone explain why Scottish football is in such a poor state now. I can't think of one Scotsman who I'd like to see playing for Liverpool and there's not one who would get in the England squad.
Try having to watch it every week RR, but yeah your right it is total garbage, I think it's because there is no money in the game up here apart from the deal Rangers done with the Wigan chairman. The only half decent Scottish player is Barry Ferguson, and even then he couldnae really cut it in the premiership

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2006 »

too true,he was lazy and as a rovers fan,i despise him and he cannot redeem himself.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 245
Print

Jump to: