About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Current Projects  (Read 23305 times)
Max Vaxine
Hardened Forum Fiend

How apt that 'Bandit' is an anagram of BT and I

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008 »

You're such a tease Rog!

Superstar Tradesman!

Sammo
Hardened Forum Fiend

I fell from grace and landed on my knees

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008 »

I'm starting an ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) Huh course next week, to gain a certificate in Computers to enhance my PC knowledge.

Rog, I teach on the ECDL, so if you want any hints/tips/help - you know where to find me.

chelbel
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008 »

Hi Tzara,  Thanks love, sorry for the delay in responding, I'll send it your way asap, probably be sending to my fellow BTz readers early next week.

I'm starting an ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) Huh course next week, to gain a certificate in Computers to enhance my PC knowledge.  I'll send you guys my crazee story then to enjoy!! Thanks for requesting a look.

Hope you enjoy, and sorry to keep you all waiting!
I've done it too Rog, best of luck and i hope you enjoy it! Comes in handy every now and again.

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008 »

Thanks guys... Sammo much appreciated mate, I'll turn to you if I get stuck, but I'm doing my first exam today already!  Gosh... I must be clever!!?  I'm enjoying it so far, and although I feel I have acquired a large degree of knowledge already, it's surprising what I don't know... oh well, never too late to learn, I suppose.

I shall be sending those who wish to read my 'Rock the Devil' tale, very soon, again I apologise for the delay, but as I don't have a flash card thingy to copy it to from my PC as yet, I have to rely on floppies, and the ones I have are c**p. Either that or my floppy drive is worn out.  Max... what have you heard???
  Moi? a tease?  erm... well yes of course I am... it's my nature, cheeky little devil that I am!  Roll Eyes Wink

I'll send it on very soon... promise!

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

heavyd
Serial Poster

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008 »

Update time gang - what's the latest on your latest?

I had great plans this year to finish my novel before July but life has just got in the way!  My novel was my highest priority, my new temporary promotion at work the lowest - but of course, reality kicked in and everything got turned on its head - work monopolosing my time, my novel only getting a look in once a week if it was lucky.

My temporary promotion is over at the end of June, so hopefully I can get back into a regular routine and finish this bad boy.

How about everyone else? 

"Let me clear my throat." - DJ Kool

ravenscross
Hardened Forum Fiend

Read my tweets... on twitter

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008 »

My novel is now going through it's third update (big change in some points that need following through). Novel 2 is taking a start along with the plans for 3. Kids novel 1 and short story collection is in planning phase and hopefully will be started around Christmas time.

My SFX story is into the compo so will be available for anyone with interest to read on the 4th June.

Plans for my screenplay "Only ewe" is in the pipeline and hopefully will be started upon return from summer holiday.

Right now though, I'm working on a video project from a certain member of this forum ..... news on that soon.
Along with waiting for life to get in the way!

Sammo
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008 »

I'm badgering away at the SFX competition piece, 3rd June is approaching FAST. 

In between that, I've started a new novel - two chapters in and absolutely no planning.  I'm seeing where it takes me and then start a real plan.  I can't seem to commit and complete much these days, a new idea sparks an interest.  I have 4 unfinished novels which I should go back and do something with.

My very first novel 'Redemption' which a few on here have read, is being redrafted, relocated, redited and re-charactered (is that a word?) with a view to an version being submitted to agents/publishers by the end of the year.  With everything I've done and learned over the past few years, looking back on Redemption it needs a lot of work.

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008 »

Me too Paul... the SFX project still in early stages... but getting there. It should be finished in time to submit, I'm planning to spend this weekend concentrating on that. Various other projects each vying for their rightful place in my creative juiceflow.. and each fighting with gusto!  I'm not certain my mind can withstand the commotion!
  I should be pleased I'm not a no-brainer!  (Steady lads, steady!)

Good luck to everyone beavering away with their many splendoured achievements and projects.

Sarah H
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008 »

Really far into the final edit - all done on paper - just need to crunch the keyboard and write two additional scenes.

And rewriting the synopsis - yet again. Read it to my friend and she said 'Ooh the last paragraph really gave me chills!' which made me realise that the first two paragraphs need more work - I could tell they did when I was reading them out to her. The next novel will definitely have the synopsis written before I start! It's like root canal work, doing it after...

Sammo
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2008 »

I'm not going to get my short story ready for the SFX deadline.  Not a hope in heck.  So, it's onwards and upwards to something else!

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2008 »

Paul, I somehow managed to get mine done yesterday. I don't know how, but I managed to do the final 1400 words or so!  I know that it's difficult especially having to work as well!

It'll be a shame if you cannot complete it, your work is quite exceptional!

So I'll be submitting mine shortly, I'll send anyone an e-mail attachment, for those who may wish to have a look at my pathetic effort, but hey... I need some viable critques to improve my style!
  I doubt it'll be good enough to warrant any positive response from the SFX judges, but it's the taking part that counts eh?

ravenscross
Hardened Forum Fiend

Read my tweets... on twitter

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008 »

Video project hopefully finished (I think the result should be unleashed soon)... back to the old keyboard!

Sarah H
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008 »

Just had to drastically change a scene - because of the smoking ban in pubs.

B&$t&rd$!

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008 »

Just had to drastically change a scene - because of the smoking ban in pubs.

B&$t&rd$!

Aahh, but couldn't your character just be standing their ground against the Government's attitude Sarah? Give it a slightly comical aspect?

Sarah H
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2008 »

No - it was more to do with atmosphere and anger - really ruined my description of the pool table - just not the same without the smoky atmosphere. Also messed up a key abduction moment. I never would have guessed it would make so much difference.

Edited to add that there is no room for comedy in that scene.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print

Jump to: