About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
Author Topic: What does Thorne look like to you??  (Read 92382 times)
smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2008 »

I watched State Of Play in it`s entirity last week. It took my breath away even more than it did the first time I watched it. Great acting, stupendous plotting and to say Paul Abbott created `Shameless` (and look at all the actors he took with him to that) it is less foul mouthed and sexual than anything else on the telly (even the news and kids progs)

Beadnell
Serial Poster

« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2008 »

I don't know why, but when I started reading the Thorne novels, Jimmy Nail's face kept appearing in my mind. He wouldn't work, I know; Geordie accent an' all. And Marty Craggs, formerly of Lindisfarne, maybe. Or not, as he's not an actor. Told some funny stories, though. I'm a bit out of touch with tv/movie actors & I can't think of too many. I think Neil Morrisey's been mentioned. Maybe the 1st actor who played the agoraphobic in Game On!.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2008 »

Ben Chaplin? Good call, bit too good looking, but he`s aged obv. I would have said Jonathan Cake, but he`s a little too scary looking.
  If we are cross threading with `who should play..?`, then what is needed is an unknown who will be able to avoid the `Oh look it`s Billy McArsewipe who played Jimmy Jugtickler in "Harry Cocksparrer"` problem.

Linda L
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2008 »

Having just watched Death a funeral, there were 3 actors whom I thought would fit the bill....not just to play Tom Thorne but others as well

Matthew Macfadyen, Kris Marshall, Rupert Graves.  I couldn't decide who should play who, but they seemed to work well together as do the characters in the books.

People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.

Dream Police
Repeat Offender

« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2008 »

Maybe its because I dont watch many detective/crime programmes apart from Waking The Dead but Thorne is always Trevor Eve inside my head

Are we really the Dream Police?

Bella_x
New Blood

« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2008 »

I always imagine him to look like Mark (facially), even before I saw Mark's photo. Although I'm sure Mark looks nothing like a Weeble...

pharoahegypt
Repeat Offender

« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2008 »

I don't know why, but when I started reading the Thorne novels, Jimmy Nail's face kept appearing in my mind. He wouldn't work, I know; Geordie accent an' all. And Marty Craggs, formerly of Lindisfarne, maybe. Or not, as he's not an actor. Told some funny stories, though. I'm a bit out of touch with tv/movie actors & I can't think of too many. I think Neil Morrisey's been mentioned. Maybe the 1st actor who played the agoraphobic in Game On!.

i think you'l find its DAVID morrissey and not neil that's been mentioned fella....lol 

j.d.

a thorne is a rose by any other name............?

dizzy
New Blood

« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2008 »

hi everybody i come liverpool and hey no comments i heard them all.ha ha. my first time here. just finished death wish and i loved it as much as the others. i think thorne should look like mark himself, so he needs to find an actor with similar looks.so what do all think.

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2008 »

I think; welcome dizzy. Hope you can stick around and make more posts. There`s a chair free next to the Jaffa cakes.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2008 »

Welcome aboard, Dizzy. Hope you enjoy the forum.

kevindj

Simply the BEST!

« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2008 »

I think; welcome dizzy. Hope you can stick around and make more posts. There`s a chair free next to the Jaffa cakes.

Where are the Jaffa Cakes?  Wink

Welcome on board, dizzy. Have fun on here.

tcb77
New Blood

« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2008 »

i think Thorne looks like Peter Kay he would certainly bring a lot of humour to the character and Julian Clarey as Hendricks!!

Simon79
New Blood

« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2009 »

Hi.  Big fan.  First post and what have you...

I picture him as Arnold Vosloo the South African geezer off 'The Mummy' but with a bit of a longer barnet and a bit chunkier.

http://http://www.pourtoi.biz/115/115118/5.jpg

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2009 »

Hi there, Simon! Welcome aboard the Billingham boat. Smiley

Simon79
New Blood

« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2009 »

Cheers!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print

Jump to: