About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Books and comedy... What else?  (Read 1718 times)
Raen
Repeat Offender

« on: November 28, 2007 »

So... I finally purchased "Death Message" which is (as ever) unputdownable... Except that it's down at the minute to send you this obviously (d'oh). Just wanted to let you know that you've never disappointed yet... (No pressure for the future obviously!)

The REAL reason for me getting in touch was that I have found myself leaving the Northenshire hemisphere and moving my very inconsiderable life to the SOUTH!!!

This puts me to within relative travelling distance of the Comedy Store and I'm trying to introduce my boyfriend to the delights of Stand Up... I'd like to be able to make it on a night where you're on and also see if ya have any suggestions for any others that it'd be good to catch...

Many thanks in advance Smiley

Don't worry bout what you can't change

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007 »

Raen,

I won't be doing a weekend at the Store now until next March, but you could go anytime and you'll always see a top notch bill. Look out especially for Mike Gunn and Paul Thorne (he's where the name came from). If you fancy a slightly weirder night, try the Gong show, last monday of every month. It can be a bit gladiatorial, but it's usually a treat.

Let me know how you get on and if your boyfriend enjoys it.

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

Raen
Repeat Offender

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007 »

Thanks and he will... Even if I have to MAKE him!!!

Cheesy

Don't worry bout what you can't change

AlisonB
Serial Poster

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008 »

Raen  -   can I just second the recommendation that you try and catch Paul Thorne as he is brilliant. I'd add something totally inappropriate about his good looks but that might get my post deleted so I won't... Wink

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008 »

It seems that AlisonB has impeccable taste when it comes to men!  Wink Grin

I'll see you in my dreams.

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008 »

Raen  -   can I just second the recommendation that you try and catch Paul Thorne as he is brilliant. I'd add something totally inappropriate about his good looks but that might get my post deleted so I won't... Wink
I will enjoy telling Paul that he has a fan!!

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: