About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Buried  (Read 6070 times)
Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006 »

You need 50, Helena. Only four more to go...

Raen
Repeat Offender

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006 »

I am disturbed and concerned by some of the obsessive and compulsive messages I see here, I admit, I am not very organised but I prided myself on having all of me books and CD's in ONE PLACE... Never mind alphabeticized and so forth!!! Have you even seen the world???
I am shame faced!

Don't worry bout what you can't change

Gill
New Blood

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006 »

Have I tuned into another planet or what? What is this compulsive CD arranging going on in the world. Try having 4 kids in the house - you'll be lucky to find a bloody CD never mind have it alphabetically arranged!!! And as for matching socks and staples -get help people, please!

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006 »

Welcome to the realm of Repeat Offenders, Helena. It's probably one of the few things we have in common - I never fell out of the tidy tree - I get indoors and am not sure if I've been burgled or not...

I'm a S-k-g....

PracticeJack
Hardened Forum Fiend

Bazinga

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006 »

I always leave my washing up until there is a healthy layer of growth on all the plates. Ive never been able to be tidy although i try. And ive clicked those links people you aint right

Too dumb for science? Try religion!

Kittykat2610
New Blood

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006 »

when was/is  buried  released ?

Mark
Hardened Forum Fiend

I should be working...

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006 »

Hi Kittykat,

BURIED is released in the UK on May 4th. One or two people here have read it, having bought proof copies on eBay. But I forgive them...:0)

Mark

"If it's going badly, get off. If it's going well...get off."

PracticeJack
Hardened Forum Fiend

Bazinga

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006 »

One or two people here have read it, having bought proof copies on eBay. But I forgive them...:0)

I wouldnt bloody forgive them, Id hunt them down and make them eat 262 cadburies creme eggs whilst spinning round and round, balancing a bowl of baked beans on there head and singing the theme from red dwarf over and over again!

Too dumb for science? Try religion!

TonyK
Repeat Offender

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006 »

Helena,

Even more help is at hand regarding your sock retention foible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4792554.stm

Can just see you wandering round your house with a radio receiver hunting them down.

Beyond Help Beyond Redemption

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006 »

Whats the obsession with having matching socks anyway?
As for the tidiness, I'm with Quentin Crisp, who assures us that the dust gets no worse after six months!

*back to the point*

It's morally indefensible to trade in unpublished books if you really care about the industry as a whole, but maybe they should pay these poor booksellers a bit more, maybe they are genuinely excited by the book and want to spread the joy around....or maybe they are scum-sucking molluscs. Who knows.

I'm a S-k-g....

Pages: 1 [2]
Print

Jump to: