About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 538
Print
Author Topic: What are you reading now.  (Read 617919 times)
sarah1980
Repeat Offender

« Reply #7845 on: August 02, 2012 »

The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
Lee, I have read this book, I would be interested to hear what you think?

I am currently ploughing through Steven Dunne's DI Brook series- quite enjoying them so far, am on The Disciple at the moment.

leehow
New Blood

« Reply #7846 on: August 03, 2012 »

Ony just started it,ok so far so but i can see what you mean about it making a good tv drama.Will have to read more before i can comment more.

catmac
Repeat Offender

« Reply #7847 on: August 04, 2012 »

Just finished 'A rush of blood' and i have to say i loved it. I must confess when I originally read what it was about I was a little dubious that it would work and seem realistic.Suffice to say I was very wrong, yet another brilliant story by Mr Billingham Cheesy

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #7848 on: August 05, 2012 »

Death Message... okay I know I'm slow, and I still have a few others of the Guv's books to get, but I'll get there... eventually!!! 

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

momkat
Serial Poster

« Reply #7849 on: August 06, 2012 »

George Pelecanos (just discovered him; I'm slow) The Big Blowdown

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7850 on: August 07, 2012 »

In A True Light by John Harvey. Just 36 pages in and already enjoying his style.

Munster by the Grace of God.

Rob_J
New Blood

« Reply #7851 on: August 12, 2012 »

Just finished Peter Robinson's Blood at the Root and liked it. Now onto the next one in the series: In a Dry Season.

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7852 on: August 14, 2012 »

Code To Zero by one of my favourite authors, Ken Follett.

I finished my first John Harvey, In A True Light over the weekend. An excellent read. I think it is best put by Elmore Leonard, reviewing another of Harvey's books "... a stylist who tells you everything you need to know while keeping the prose clean and simple". I have two more of his books on my TBR pile to look forward to.

clashcityrocker
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7853 on: August 16, 2012 »

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. First crime novel I've read for well over a year. Really enjoying this, especially how tightly plotted this is and the manner in which GF is able to dissect the minutiae of a relationship with surgical precision. We're left with the question: just how well do any of us truly know even those closest to us?

RichardAKing
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7854 on: August 19, 2012 »

Rush Of Blood

Kiwicraig
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7855 on: August 19, 2012 »

THE SUMMER OF DEAD TOYS by Antonio Hill, who I met at Harrogate.

Nubs
Hardened Forum Fiend

With friends like the BTZ's could I do any better?

« Reply #7856 on: August 20, 2012 »

If you haven't already got it, The Turnaround, Momkat... first of George's I got after meeting him in 2009 at H'gate!!  great story!

BTZer's are GGRREEAATT!  Grin

Rock chick

I wanna be a Debaser....

« Reply #7857 on: August 23, 2012 »

Just finished the Chicagotown trilogy by RJ Ellroy...'The Sister', 'The Cop', 'The Killer'. At a very diminutive 30-40 electronic pages each, this is probably the most perfect, beautifully-worded short story I've ever read for less than the price of a pint. I've read less complete novels.

I'm a S-k-g....

momkat
Serial Poster

« Reply #7858 on: August 23, 2012 »

If you haven't already got it, The Turnaround, Momkat... first of George's I got after meeting him in 2009 at H'gate!!  great story!
Lucky you, Nubs! What was he like? I have King Suckerman now, which follows the one I read. I understand they were a well-received quartet.
Right now I'm on Lars Kepler, The Nightmare. I was really impressed by their first one, The Hypnotist. (it is a couple who write together)
Kat

Mary
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #7859 on: August 23, 2012 »

Reading "Vanished" by Tim Weaver.  Started it yesterday, and I'm already over half-way through - very good so far.

I'll see you in my dreams.

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 538
Print

Jump to: