About News & events Books Other writing Standup Reviews Contact Links Forum Tom Thorne Triskellion
Forum Mark Billingham text and Photo

The Billingham Talk Zone

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Billingham Talk Zone is no longer active.

All existing threads and discussions have now been archived but if you want to carry on talking about Mark's books, please follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 538
Print
Author Topic: What are you reading now.  (Read 620589 times)
Roger
Serial Poster

« on: February 08, 2006 »

What book are you reading now?

I am reading Jack Higgins new sean dillion book "without mercy".

Roger

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006 »

I'm re-reading Sleepyhead.

Raen
Repeat Offender

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006 »

Lifeless, just got it for my birthday!

Don't worry bout what you can't change

gregn7157
New Blood

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006 »

Stephen Booth's BLOOD ON THE TONGUE -- enjoying it.

Peter
Repeat Offender

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006 »

The Black Angel by John Connolly. Like the book but it is so long! I am a firm believer that most books could be condensed to 300 pages or less.

http://cat66.proboards70.com/index.cgi

Check out this board for conversations and thoughts on everything one can think of.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006 »

Nice to see Mr Connolly get another mention - I take care of his discussion forum too!

Ruth
New Blood

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006 »

I'm reading The World According To Garp by John Irving.  It's rare for me to read something that isn't crime fiction, but I do like John Irving.  I read The World According... a few years ago, and am enjoying re-reading it.  Lifeless is lined up on my shelf as my next one to read!

Jibba
New Blood

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006 »

graham Marsterton The Hymn - its totally awful but i want to finish it now!

Roger
Serial Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006 »

I have read Garp and all John Irving up to and including A Prayer For Owen Meany, and I think he is fantastic author.
I don't think Peter will like them much as the last one I picked up in the shops was about a 1000 pages long.

Roger

Jade
Repeat Offender

There is a light that never goes out

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006 »

I am reading Karin Slaughters 'Faithless' she is ace. I will never have a bad word to say about her writing. Even her news letters are entertaining and funny. Grin
If anyone gets a chance go to www.karinslaughter.com its a great website, I'm sure Mark wont mind me plugging her website but if he does I apologise.

I amsk what I amsk - Popeye

smudge
Hardened Forum Fiend

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006 »

at the mo i`m reading the last in Scarlett Thomas`trio,not a trilogy as such.Seaside.All 3 are great,pacy reads and even though she dismisses them as 'forced chicklit fiction',they are all literate crime novels and like Marks`novels can be followed or read as a one off piece of work.Check them out when you have no more Billingham unread.Dead Clever,In Your Face and Seaside.

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006 »

Mark's fine about that, Jade.

Jade
Repeat Offender

There is a light that never goes out

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006 »

Thanks Jayne, I know Karin mentions Mark sometimes on her website and news letters, but I was a bit scared as I know some forums dont like links to other websites without permission. Next time ill PM you first just in case.

I amsk what I amsk - Popeye

Jayne
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006 »

That's fine, Jade. There's a link to Karin's website on Mark's LINKS page anyway so it's no problem at all that she's got an extra plug. I'm sure she'll be chuffed to bits!  Smiley

toellandback
New Blood

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006 »

I'm also reading Faithless, although I did get a few strange looks when I dropped my wife off at her church choir practise not so long ago and decided to stay in the church and read rather than drive home and back again later.

Nothing like a burning cross on the front cover and a title like Faithless to stir up feelings among dedicated church goers!! Thankfully most saw the funny side of my unintentional efforts to offend!!

Karin Slaughter is excellent and I've read all of hers in chronological order, as I've done with Mark's and Ian Rankin's `Rebus` series. Oh and James Patterson's `Alex Cross` series.

Gary D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 538
Print

Jump to: